Friday, January 16, 2015

First Smoothie of the New Year!

Smoothie Preparations
One of my goals in getting my health back to where I want it to be is drinking smoothies again.  So last night, I went to Central Market (a fancy grocery store like Whole Foods) because they have a robust vitamin and nutrition section with a dedicated employee to help you answer questions.

There was a super friendly employee and vitamin expert there named Phil.  He was in his 60's but didn't look a day older than early 40's with the exception of some gray hairs.  He was naturally fit, vibrant and smooth skin.  I had struck gold!

I ended up talking with Phil for 20 minutes on everything from vitamin supplements to what I was there for...whey protein for my smoothie!

Phil directed me to a great brand that's good for my needs: somewhat of a meal replacement that I can easily make first thing in the morning to get in some needed nutrition.  For the past three months I have been doing an uber sin: I have been skipping breakfast and just drinking coffee so that I can get my startup work going first thing in the morning! I know, super bad right?!?!?

So I purchased individual packets in order to try it out...this is the picture of my ingredients made with the Magic Bullet I received fro Christmas from my sister: coconut milk, strawberries, pineapple, blueberries, spinach and the plant-based Vega One nutritional shake mix I'm trying out.

I must admit I was a bit taken back by the green-grey color of the drink...not appealing to the eye whatsoever!  However, I wanted to give it a fair chance before I judged whether I liked it or not.

And surprisingly, it was GOOD with a slight gritty taste.  The slight gritty-ness didn't totally bother me and I drank the shake fast! Yum!

There was only one problem: I didn't make the shake until 9am (three hours after I woke up for the day) and by 11:30am I was already hungry again!  So I popped in a Lean Cuisine...hey, don't judge me.  It was a healthy one and was better than hopping in my car and going to a fast food restaurant! LOL!

Tell me if you have any shake recipes that you love so I can try out and share on the blog on my way to getting my health back! Just make sure it's not complicated and #frugalista approved!

Que
@QSwerve
Curva-Lish
curvalish@gmail.com

Note:  Curva-Lish is an affiliate partner with Amazon.com and so I will receive a small commission from sales through the links above...I include links for your shopping convenience!

No comments:

Post a Comment