Monday, July 27, 2015

The Sixteen Project: Authoring a Letter to Your Younger Self

Amanda Egger
I am so excited to tell you about an awesome project by an old childhood friend named Amanda!

At Curva-Lish, apart of my mission is to empower you to realize your purpose in multiple facets. This opportunity to become an Author by submitting a letter written to your 16-year old self is an example of how you can begin to courageously step towards sharing your story....I promise it will light up the world!

Before you submit your story, I wanted you to get to know the awesome woman behind this project! I interviewed her (see below) and information to submit your story by midnight this Saturday, August 1, 2015 (sorry, no exceptions) is at the bottom:

Interview with Amanda:
1. Tell us about the "Sixteen" project.
The "Sixteen" project began as a blog series. It's a series of letters written to oneself on their 16th birthday. The letters touched my heart so deeply that I knew that I had to publish a book.

2. What gave you inspiration to create this project?
On my daughter's 16th birthday she asked me about my 16th birthday. I could not answer her and excused myself from the room. As I stood in the bathroom I felt the loss of air and my body began to stiffen and without thought I began to cry. I let myself feel for the moment the sadness and the pain.

Since it was my daughter's special day, I quickly pulled myself together.

Later that night I knew my 16-year old self deserved my attention. So I sat there and began to write a letter to myself on my 16th birthday. It was hard. Extremely painful, but the freedom and peace I felt after I wrote it was worth the pain. At that moment I knew I wanted others to heal the way I had...so I reached out and received some letters to post on my blog and then it just kept growing with people contacting me.

3. What are you hoping the outcome will be for the project?
My intention is to heal others as we heal ourselves.

4. I love the name of your Facebook group "I Am Fearless Bliss". Tell us more about that name and how you came up with it.
It actually comes from a poem I wrote like 13 years ago. The difference is the word Fearless. During my personal growth I made the choice that I would no longer fear happiness. And then Fearless Bliss was born.

Fearless Bliss is truly about not fearing living a life of bliss.

5. One of the most important words in the Curva-Lish mission statement is the word " authentic". Who or what inspires you to be authentic?
Honestly, it's my friends. The ones who have been there for me since I was an abandoned teenage girl. They have always loved me for who I am, every piece of who I am. I come as I am and they have always accepted me for that.

6. What can our readers do to support your "Sixteen" project?
My goal is to receive 100 letters to publish. My intentions are to donate the proceeds to at-risk teens. So I would love if your readers could contribute a letter to their 16-year old selves filled with encouragement, life lessons, inspiration or whatever they believe would empower a 16-year old.

You can submit your story to Amanda at amanda@iamfearlessbliss.com

For examples of prior letters submitted, go HERE.

And don't forget, the submission deadline is by midnight August 1, 2015!

Information on Amanda:
Amanda Egger
Transformational Life Coach
www.IamFearlessBliss.com
www.IamFearlessBliss.com/sixteen

Be Curva-Lish and tell your story!


No comments:

Post a Comment