Copied from one of my favorite books: The Power of Less
I've shared how once I became an entrepreneur, I also started adopting principles associated with Essentialism.
This passage captured in The Power of Less is a perfect description of why I choose to live a simpler (but thriving) life...
Going from a limitless life that's overwhelming and not very effective to a life with limits, focus and power is an incredible transformation.
Here are just a few benefits of setting limits on everything you do:
* It simplifies things. Your life becomes more manageable and less stressful.
* It focus you. Instead of diluting yourself, you focus your energy on a smaller number of things.
* It focus on what's important. Instead of trying to do everything and not having enough time for the important things in life, you do only what's important to you.
* It helps you achieve. Many times, when we are spread too thin, we only make incremental progress on important projects and goals. But if we focus on just a few important things, we can actually complete them. You'll achieve much more by focusing on the essential.
* It shows others that your time is important. When we try to take on everything that comes our way, the people around us get the message that their time is more important than ours, that we'll say yes to whatever requests they have. If, however, we have firm limits on what we do, we send the message that we value our time and our priorities. Others will value our time in return.
* It makes you more effective. By doing less of the busy work, and more of the important work, you are spinning your wheels and using your limited time and energy on something with lasting impact. That helps you make the best use of your time, and eliminates much of the nonessential in your life.
I hope this empowers you to set the type of limits that will cause you to thrive and focus on what gives your life it's most valuable meaning.
Shopping with Eloqui
Shop with Fitlosophy