Sunday, April 23, 2017

Celebrating World Book Day with Essentialism

Photo Credit: @feneute on Instagram

I love this day! Today is World Book Day!

I am an avid reader and I read about 20 books per year!

So I wanted to highlight a book that has literally changed my life in the past three years...

It's called Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less

Here are a few of my favorite sound bites from the book (copied from my gazillion highlights from my copy of the book):

The way of the Essentialist is the relentless pursuit of less but better. It doesn’t mean occasionally giving a nod to the principle. It means pursuing it in a disciplined way.

Essentialism is not about how to get more things done; it’s about how to get the right things done. It is about pausing constantly to ask, “Am I investing in the right activities?”

The way of the Essentialist rejects the idea that we can fit it all in. Instead it requires us to grapple with real trade-offs and make tough decisions.

The way of the Essentialist means living by design, not by default. Instead of making choices reactively, the Essentialist deliberately distinguishes the vital few from the trivial many, eliminates the nonessentials, and then removes obstacles so the essential things have clear, smooth passage. In other words, Essentialism is a disciplined, systematic approach for determining where our highest point of contribution lies, then making execution of those things almost effortless.


Get Essentialism and let me know how it changes your life too!

No comments:

Post a Comment