Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Wisdom from Aging: I Need a Minute














An image of love: we are having a family event this evening and as I age, I know I need a moment before big gatherings. I'm such an extrovert that loves people that I've learned to manage my energies. My sister bid me farewell to retreat with coffee and magazines for a few moments of quietness before the event. Don't ever be afraid to let people know what you need to be your BEST.

When I was younger and more insecure, I always said "yes" to anyone and everyone who wanted FUN Que to go to a gathering, party or event. The 41 year old me knows better...if you are going to make it for the loooong haul in a healthy and beautiful way, you must learn to manage your energies. Forget about #FOMO, it's about well-being and inner happiness.

Be blessed y'all...

No comments:

Post a Comment