Monday, May 30, 2016

I'm Making This Up As I Go Along...

The other day as I was texting a friend, I told her about how my newest Curva-Lish project was something that I was making up as I go along because the learning curve is so steep!

For those who know me from my corporate career, that phrase is the exact opposite of what I was paid well to do.

My corporate career involved compliance and risk assessments. The primary goal of both these is risk reduction..or, said another way, keep any surprises of the accomplishment of corporate goals to a minimum or near zero.

This frame of thinking is the absolute antithesis of what it takes to be a great entrepreneur.

And, to be honest, I think this thinking from my 17 year corporate career is what has served as an anchor to my progression as as a thriving entrepreneur.



And you don't have to be an entrepreneur to understand this...

Normally, new moms focus on trying to do everything right with their first child.  By the fourth child, that same parent knows that you can't "prepare" for every challenge that will arise. You make it up as you go along...

An inexperienced speaker focuses on following a preset script and deviates minimally from what was previously prepared. An experienced speaker can be given any topic related to their area of expertise and considering the audience...they can make it up as they go along.

And to be clear, I am NOT implying that it is not fruitful to be prepared and to plan. Those are good things...

What I am saying is that there are some things in life that no amount of preparation can give you ALL the facts before making a decision.

There are some things that you are just going to have to have faith (in a higher being and in yourself) that it will work out...

And make it up as you go along...

FYI, the new project I was texting my friend about has to do with a new affirmations adult coloring downloadable page on my new Etsy store.

Most people have experienced some form of coloring but normally the exercise doesn't guide people on what to meditate on while coloring. As a coach, it is a best practice to have a client focused on an objective or target to get best results.

The Curva-Lish coloring pages give you an affirmation to focus on while you meditatively color.

Here's an example of one of my Curva-Lish coloring pages...#OwnIt! It includes a mini coaching booklet that will guide you towards how to #OwnIt in your life and career.



Get your affirmations adult coloring page on my Curva-Lish Etsy store and more will be added every week!

And thanks for your support...I'm making this up as I go along!

No comments:

Post a Comment