Thursday, March 17, 2016

Beautiful Inspiration from Grammy Stars

As you'll notice, there is very limited posts on stars or celebrity hype on this blog. That type of coverage is not consistent with the empowering messages I want you to be inspired by from Curva-Lish.

So it might surprise you that this post is derived from the great speeches from musicians at the Grammy Awards.

I personally love Grammy speeches because first of all, it takes alot to be a winner and what you say in the limited amount of time you get on such a big night is the most purest thoughts you have towards life, success, etc.

And I was super inspired this year!

Here are a few nuggets of inspiration from this year's Grammy winners:

Be Yourself
"A lot of people try to duplicate others. But what makes someone connect with you is being yourself. Learning to love who you are is one of the most important things you can do." -Jazmine Sullivan

Keep Going
"If you love what you're doing, persistence will pay off. It doesn't matter how long it takes." -Lana Del Rey

Know Your Purpose
"Before you chase after anything, have a reason to do it that's more heartfelt than just the desire to be famous--that will be your motivation and drive you. Because once people know your name, you need to think, What else do I have?" -Zendaya

Own Your Confidence
"I struggled a lot with my confidence when I first started. But once you have it, you will succeed faster....I knew that I had to keep going and that I could achieve my dreams." -Meghan Trainor

Teamwork
"It took me a long time to figure out how important it is to collaborate. I wish I learned that earlier. I was trying to do everything myself. But what's the point if you're the only one?" -Bonnie McKee

Stop and Feel the Moment
"Sometimes things happen rapidly, so you have to stop and feel the moment. At the Superbowl in 2013, I recall that moment before I went through the chute and then that was it." -Kelly Rowland

No comments:

Post a Comment